Background – David Parker
1964 – 1981 Parker Boat Company, Inc., Orlando, FL
Starting part time while in high school, worked in all aspects of the family’s Sea Ray boat dealership, including rigging, service, sales, F&I, parts, service management and accounting. Parker Boat Company is still a highly successful Sea Ray boat dealership, ranking # 18 in Boating Industry magazine’s 2006 Top 100 Dealers nationwide.
1981 – 1988 Real estate development / financial planning
1988 – 1993 The Spader Companies, Inc., Sioux Falls, SD
For this marine and R/V industry training and 20 Group company, helped teach their flagship Five Day Total Management Workshop, facilitated four 20 Groups and did all on-site financial consulting.
1993 – Present Parker Business Planning, Inc., Orlando, FL
- Individual on-site consulting creating “Strategic Profit Plans” for clients.
- Unique monthly management reports called the “Phase 2 Report”.
- Five 20 Groups, producing monthly financial reports for each member.
- Four “Branded Groups” specifically for dealers of Cobalt, Regal, MasterCraft or Monterey boats.
- One “Open Group” available to dealers of any brand.
- Dealership design and layout consulting.
- 25 clients were in Boating Industry magazine’s 2005 Top 100 Dealers nationwide.
- 30 clients were in Boating Industry magazine’s 2006 Top 100 Dealers nationwide.
- Four clients ranked in the Top 10.
- Three clients ranked among the Five Best in Class awards.